COURSE DESCRIPTION AND PREREQUISITE:
This course introduces advertising and promotion management, emphasizing the role of advertising and promotion in an organization's marketing and communications. Topics include regulatory, social and economic aspects of advertising.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Analyze the target audience.
- Create and effectively apply advertising and promotion objectives to meet organizational goals.
- Describe the advantage and disadvantages of various media.
- Develop an integrated marketing communications plan.
- Identify and analyze the ethical, legal and social issues involved in advertising and promotion.
- Demonstrate the creative process in developing an advertisement.
I have worked for a number of large corporations the past 15 years. I have taught a variety of business related classes, both residentially and online for over eight years. I have an MBA from Metropolitan State University, in Minneapolis. My undergrad degree is in Marketing. I like you am a student, currently working on my Doctorate at St. Mary's University. I finished my course work in April and completed my comprehensive exam in September. I now need to complete my dissertation. The number listed above is for a voicemail service. If you leave me a message, it will prompt me on email that you have done so. I look forward to working with you this quarter as we learn about advertising and promotion. If you have specific questions during the course, please let me know.