Looking at Movies: An Introduction to Film, Barsam, 3e, W.W. Norton, 2009
Pocket Guide to APA Style (Bundle), Perrin, 4e, Cengage Learning, 2009
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance film plays in our society and culture.
- Compare film to other forms of art.
- Explain the relationship among characters, events and meanings.
- Analyze different film genres and their effect on the audience.
- Critically evaluate the overall message of the film applying the use of props, settings, costumes, lighting, acting, cinematography, and sound.
- Demonstrate in writing or presentation, a knowledge of one or more of the above objectives.
- Demonstrate research methods in a project/presentation involving a discussion of a film in its historical and theoretical context.